Our valued sponsor

Nominee director asks for my bank access

No, UBO stands for Ultimate Beneficial Owner

How does nominee UBO work? Nominee service providers provide it?

@JohnLocke This is good question and maybe a thread should be written on this topic.

Namely, beneficial ownership, persons of significant influence and control, split ownership and usufructuaries and other different categories stemming from AML/CTF regulations exists and can be confusing to people new to the matter.

But, there is no such category as nominee ultimate beneficial owner. By definition, it's the final natural person that has above certain treshold of control, influence and benefits from certain enterprise.

So, @baio12 you'll be UBO but you can isolate yourself via different set-ups requiring utmost trust and control as per

You need to find someone you can trust. I don’t think this service is explicitly offered by any service provider.

Shareholder doesn't necessarily need to be UBO.

Between UBO and shareholder there may exist usufructuary and IBO - intermediary BO, though every jurisdiction has it's own framework for identifying relationships and constituting UBO register.

Utmost trust can be difficult if you are using service provider you don't know. Can you give example how people do this?

You're given answer by @JohnnyDoe that I quoted. Well, yes, never trust service provider with anything where damage may occur - exert control.

I would like to read that.

Maybe forum management decides to create it.

@JohnLocke This is good question and maybe a thread should be written on this topic.

Namely, beneficial ownership, persons of significant influence and control, split ownership and usufructuaries and other different categories stemming from AML/CTF regulations exists and can be confusing to people new to the matter.
Tons of information about UBO and significant influence from shareholders has already been posted here. I believe there are many of the articles containing detailed information already. Why would they publish an article about what's an UBO is?

Tons of information about UBO and significant influence from shareholders has already been posted here. I believe there are many of the articles containing detailed information already. Why would they publish an article about what's an UBO is?

You answered yourself - scattered among articles.

You could make a compilation about different nominees and beneficiaries and put that thread in Mentor Group Gold as that information is valuable to new and inexperienced users.

Reactions: jafo
How does nominee UBO work? Nominee service providers provide it?
another fact is that in most European countries it is not allowed to appoint nominee shareholders and directors, it is illegal and a crime. There are exceptions like Cyprus for instant.

Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads