Our valued sponsor

Gold Smuggling

All depends on relationships this is a public forum so I don’t wish to go into more detail but there are a lot of Chinese Thais that lived or ancestors lived under communism and understand the dangers of collecting data… so yeah there’s numerous places.

The downside is that prolific fake gold entered the markets so unless you buy and sell at the same store you end up getting squeezed in testing etc

One important thing, I am unsure if they do reporting for the US specifically as a lot of these pushes in Thailand were at the behest of the US and US Citizen Residents evading taxes.

UK doesn't have a legal right to information, unsure about the EU, but i imagine there is at the very least a data share there via AMOL for the US.
looking at the overall state of public infrastructure and how they work, i have a lot of doubts anything of sophisticated spy ops being able to be achieved.

Knowing the people building out the backend side of it as they used to work for my company - from a AI perspective or data sifting and matching - ID hazard a guess it will be beyond expectations - also note I know that they also brought a Chinese infrastructure over in the dying days of the last administration which commenced in 2019 as well as extensive training.

Having said that the front end and security wise

Moving on from the “what if’s” -> seriously would it be worth the risk testing such in Thailand - bare in mind there was a Dutch guy years ago sentenced to 100 years after the Dutch government made inquiries -
Thai Goverment position was the funds were made from cannabis cafes which was illegal at the time so they stripped all his assets under money laundering and sentenced for 100 years - I believe he was released to the Dutch a few years ago and they immediately released him having realized that a civil matter had essentially resulted in such draconian measures by the Thai government, to give an indication of how petty they are they will even seize a cat saying its proceeds of laundering etc.

Are you guys went off topic ?

I wear 800K EURO when I travel on me in jewels and a watch, never had a problem traveling the globe wearing it.

Knowing the people building out the backend side of it as they used to work for my company - from a AI perspective or data sifting and matching - ID hazard a guess it will be beyond expectations - also note I know that they also brought a Chinese infrastructure over in the dying days of the last administration which commenced in 2019 as well as extensive training.

Having said that the front end and security wise

Moving on from the “what if’s” -> seriously would it be worth the risk testing such in Thailand - bare in mind there was a Dutch guy years ago sentenced to 100 years after the Dutch government made inquiries -
Thai Goverment position was the funds were made from cannabis cafes which was illegal at the time so they stripped all his assets under money laundering and sentenced for 100 years - I believe he was released to the Dutch a few years ago and they immediately released him having realized that a civil matter had essentially resulted in such draconian measures by the Thai government, to give an indication of how petty they are they will even seize a cat saying its proceeds of laundering etc.
They take the easy way out. Get a request, public interest is high in the case and they will slap you with whatever they can come up with to keep up with the appearance. Thats the way of life in all over Asia (Carlos can sing a song of that matter as well). The nail and the hammer thing.

I see it in africa, they somehow get very advanced spy tech or infra for biometric driver licenses and similar toys, but then its becoming basically useless as complex infra decays rapidly and requires vigor, diligence and hard work to maintain and develop further.

Id easily bet on Vietnam succeeding with such a thing much more for example, just from a work style perspective (having questions there too tho).

Sure you had very qualified staff, but even these will be quickly assimilated into the public service sector environment, where brightness just doesn't pay off and you gotta advance with lets say different means ;).

Also from a game theory point of view, they cant be too harsh on expats, they will simply leave and take the cash with them. The sea region still allows for great arbitrage plays for lets say the next 10 years to come.

But overall I agree with your points and I redirected my equity investing away from Thailand to some degree. It is just too much uncertainty to be make the juice worth the squeeze.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo
they somehow get very advanced spy tech or infra for biometric driver licenses and similar toys, but then its becoming basically useless as complex infra decays rapidly and requires vigor, diligence and hard work to maintain and develop further.
100% this! You just described 90% of the countries right here. They can't keep up with the discipline to get things done! The only downside to this is if someone suspects "Gunther" (random name, of course). The people trying to protect their salaries & keep their jobs will make up evidence to appease their overlords, and Gunther will be the "sacrificial lamb." It even happens in "advanced societies" with "checks and balances": Innocence Project - Tens of Thousands Wrongly Convicted

PS. I wish I could upvote this 1 million times!

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF

Latest Threads