Our valued sponsor

Total return by asset for last 200 years

Please explain me this
Imagine I invested 1 million in s&p500, i collect 1.35% dividends and right after the price falls by 50%, so I'm worth 500k. How much dividends I get in $ ?

It depends on lots of factors. Usually the decrease in dividend percentage is delayed after a crash, by a few months. So, at first you'd probably get ~3% of $500k in dividends, and then you'd get 1.35% of $500k, once companies in the SP500 get affected by the crisis in question and reduce/eliminate dividends.

At least that's what happened during the last two crashes (2009 and 2020).

It's hard to predict the future in this sense though, because we don't know what will cause the next crash or how bad it will be.

As they say, "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

Reactions: Radko and uranium
I started trading in 1999, right before the Tech bubble. Before that I was a long-term invertor.
You must have made a huge loss in the beginning of the 00 ?

Reactions: jafo and uranium
You must have made a huge loss in the beginning of the 00 ?

Back in 2000 I was shorting a lot of Tech stocks, it was too obvious that it was a bubble, there were so many Tech companies with absurd valuations, it was crazy.

It's "easy" to make money on a bull market and on a bear market, the challenge comes when the market is trading sideways.

I no longer trade stocks, only Futures. As always, risk management is everything in trading.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo
Just take a position in specific asset classes... still some good positions pre-May next year when it should be peaking for the later / lagging equities. 1.png2.png

Mind, it's really jumped ahead of the liquidity cycle this season so might end up blowing through to late 2025.

Just take a position in specific asset classes... still some good positions pre-May next year when it should be peaking for the later / lagging equities.View attachment 6934View attachment 6935

Mind, it's really jumped ahead of the liquidity cycle this season so might end up blowing through to late 2025.
Can you use some graphs to predict btc post halving price ?

It’s not a price forecaster - that’s another one - think it had around 320k-340k based on liquidity generated by mornterizing the debt being rolled over currently, another one had around 120k to 170k but lower end monetizing

One area I have concern over - most of my trusted processes lead me to think early 2025 is the cycle end but I also am aware as we speak monetarization is occurring increasingly more towards Q4 and that takes up to a year to flood into the markets

Reactions: uranium
It’s not a price forecaster - that’s another one - think it had around 320k-340k based on liquidity generated by mornterizing the debt being rolled over currently, another one had around 120k to 170k but lower end monetizing

One area I have concern over - most of my trusted processes lead me to think early 2025 is the cycle end but I also am aware as we speak monetarization is occurring increasingly more towards Q4 and that takes up to a year to flood into the markets
Agreed 100%
Q4 2025
150k on average
Thanks for your input

Reactions: wellington

Latest Threads